Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a fav cookbook, Simply chicken, my family loves drumsticks, so this is made often when we fire up the grill. Prep time includes marinading.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Slash chicken legs 2-3 times with a sharp knife.
- Place in glass baking dish side by side to marinade.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cook on hot grill about 20 minutes, turning and brushing with the marinade.
- Check to make sure they are done and be careful not to burn them.
Didn't notice much difference with this marinade unfortunately. Had all the ingredients on hand, which is a plus. Marinated for 2.5 hrs, turning drumsticks regularly. Cooked over low heat on the grill and because of the honey, the skin burnt easily. Didn't notice any flavoring difference, but it didn't negatively impact the flavor either. Thanks for posting.
Loved it!! Made just as described and it was moist and delicious. I think next time I will add more cayenne because I love things with a kick and my only wish was that it had more spice. This is inexpensive, easy and delicious. What more could you ask for?
I've made this again. This time I had all the ingredients so I didn't have to alter anything. It easy to prepare and very yummy. Thank you once again Laurie.