Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I've yet to master the art of lumpia making, but I can make a wicked batch of lumpia dipping sauce. ;) This sauce is the standard condiment with a serving of lumpia (whether they are homemade or purchased in a restaurant and I've eaten an embarrassingly unfair amount of those delicious Filipino eggrolls in my lifetime.) One thing I truly miss about Southern California was easy access to lumpia. From Sunset's International Cooking. Good on won tons, fried rice, dim sum, etc. Posted here for safekeeping.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 2-quart sauce pan combine all ingredients.
- Stir ingredients together well until the cornstarch is completely incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Place pan over medium heat and cook; stirring constantly with the whisk until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
I like this recipe! Definitely more sweet than sour but my kids love it
Easy, yummy and perfect for dipping lumpia!! Thanks for posting. Will be making again!
Very good recipe. Easy to make and it my family loves it!