Recipe by MarieRynr
This refreshing dish can be prepared and chilled two hours before serving. A classic mandoline or an easier to use V-slicer speeds up the task of making ultra thin cucumber slices.
- 2 English cucumbers, unpeeled,very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cucumber slices in colander.
- Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
- let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- meanwhile, for dressing,s tir vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain cucumbers well; pat dry.
- Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.