Recipe by Aileen E
This recipe really kicks-up the ordinary cukes and onions. I found this recipe on the internet, but forgot which site.
- 2 cucumbers (I like the English variety)
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (real lemons are better)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice cucumbers and onions (I use a mandoline).
- Soak the cucumbers in salted ice water for an hour.
- Rinse the cucumbers.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, stir until all the sugar has dissolved (I usually double this part).
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or make the day before.