Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has a light spiciness to it, but if you like it even more, adding a few flakes of crushed red pepper makes an interesting addition to this salad.
- Peel the cucumber and halve lengthwise; scrape out the seeds and cut into thick chunks.
- Place chunks into a bowl and toss with the salt.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar, rice vinegar, chilli oil, and sesame oil in a small dish.
- Add mixture to cucumers, and stir until cucmbers are evenly coated.
- Serve chilled.
This was a wonderful side dish to some Asian grilled salmon. Since I used the English cucumber, I didn't bother to seed it, and I cut back on the salt and it still turned out great. Thank you Sue L for sharing the recipe and another winner.
Loved loved loved this! The only thing I did wrong...I didn't make enough! Made just as recipe stated, but added 1/2 t toasted sesame seeds just for the heck of it. Thanks so much for sharing!
Mmmm these are delicious! Made this as is and it's a blend of sweet and sour alright. Served this with the steamed fish we had for lunch. Thanks, Sue L! Made for WZT4.