Recipe by duonyte
By Chef John Coletta of Quartino restaurant in Chicago, published in a local paper. I cannot wait for my cucumbers to come in!
- 1 lb cucumber, not peeled
- 2 ounces white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced red finger pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers and quarter them lengthwise, then slice into 1/8 in thick slices. Place in glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, and pour over cucumbers.
- Season with salt and pepper, then toss to evenly mix.