Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The first time I made this salad I didn't have all the ingredients on hand so I made 2 substitutions that came out VERY GOOD. Instead of the fresh pepper I used dry chili de arbol (pretty spicy)and I used mint instead of cilantro. The thinner you sliced the cucumber, the better. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 red jalapenos, chopped and pound to a paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and pound to a paste
- 2 cucumbers, half lengthwise and sliced THINLY
- 2 shallots, THINLY sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Add the pounded hot peppers and garlic. Stir well.
- Toss the cucumbers and shallots with the sauce and cilantro.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
seemed like it needed some salt.
Very refreshing cuke salad. I used 1/2 tsp. Siracha hot sauce instead of mashing the jalapenos. Will make this again.
This is a deliciously spicy salad, easy to make with ingredients we almost always have on hand (although I didn't have the peanuts and used green onion in place of the shallots).