The first time I made this salad I didn't have all the ingredients on hand so I made 2 substitutions that came out VERY GOOD. Instead of the fresh pepper I used dry chili de arbol (pretty spicy)and I used mint instead of cilantro. The thinner you sliced the cucumber, the better. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 red jalapenos, chopped and pound to a paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and pound to a paste
- 2 cucumbers, half lengthwise and sliced THINLY
- 2 shallots, THINLY sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1Combine the vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Add the pounded hot peppers and garlic. Stir well.
- 2Toss the cucumbers and shallots with the sauce and cilantro.
- 4Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 476.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g