Recipe by Miraklegirl
Got this somewhere online.. there's a little extra effort in the prep. but its worth it.
Top Review by ellie_
Great recipe and easy to put together! I didn't have any white wine vinegar so used red plus some snow peas that were in the fridge. Thanks Miraklegirl for sharing this keepr recipe. We will be having this often.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, cut into small wedges
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserve juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed (or white sugar)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer first 5 ingredients in crock pot in order given.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch together; stir in reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients.
- Pour over layered ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW in crock pot for 8 hours.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- If sauce is too thin, heat on high until thickened.
- Serve over rice, if desired.