Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Got this somewhere online.. there's a little extra effort in the prep. but its worth it.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, cut into small wedges
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserve juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed (or white sugar)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Layer first 5 ingredients in crock pot in order given.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch together; stir in reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients.
- Pour over layered ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW in crock pot for 8 hours.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- If sauce is too thin, heat on high until thickened.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Great recipe and easy to put together! I didn't have any white wine vinegar so used red plus some snow peas that were in the fridge. Thanks Miraklegirl for sharing this keepr recipe. We will be having this often.
Easy to prepare and very good to come home to at night for supper! Eased back on the brown sugar, chose dried parsley over cilantro, used 3 breasts. Makes 3-4 hearty servings over rice. Somehow...my tastebuds didn't get the 'kick' they were hoping for...next time I'll add more tamari sauce, maybe fresh minced garlic, hmmm....thanks for posting this recipe!
This is really a great recipe - it's not too much work at all, cooks in the crockpot and tastes great with some plain old rice. Didn't change a thing except a yellow onion in place of the white onion and really enjoyed it last night. Thanks!