I love this recipe because of the ease of one pot cooking. I use my 5 quart Rival Slow Cooker for this recipe.
- 1 large carrot, cut in half and in bite size chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 5 chicken breasts, bone
- 8 ounces canned pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed firm
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro or 10 cilantro leaves
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle the quick cooking tapioca over the vegetables.
- Place chicken on top.
- Combine all other ingredients except cooked rice into a small mixing bowl; blend well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, make rice. Serve Sweet and Sour Chicken over cooked rice.
- Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.