Recipe by Mom2Rose
Drum up a tasty chicken appetizer with a sassy sauce.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Ooooo...these are so good, tasty and easy to put together. I actually doubled this recipe and made it for a light supper. I followed your recipe exactly as written and didn't change a thing. What a great keeper recipe to have on hand for appy's or as I did:-) Made for AU Recipeswap~
- 118.29 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 118.29 ml progresso parmesan flavored breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml cashews, coarsely chopped
- 44.37 ml sweet and sour sauce (Homemade or purchased)
- 226.79 g can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg
- sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine chicken, 1 tbsp of the bread crumbs, cashews and 3 tbsp sweet and sour sauce; mix well.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Press shortest side of each triangle to widen slightly.
- Place about 1 tablespoon chicken mixture on widened end of each triangle; fold 2 corners over filling.
- Press dough around filling to form ball.
- Fold up long pointed end of crescent dough 1 inch toward filling; firmly twist to form drumstick shape.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg.
- Dip each drumstick in egg; coat with crumbs.
- Place, seam side down, on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 14 to 17 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Serve warm with additional sweet and sour sauce.