Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great flavor! Easy to prepare. Good for potlucks....just keep warm in a crockpot. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, NOT JELLIED
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- In a 13" x 9" baking dish, place chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together Catalina salad dressing, whole-berry cranberry sauce, onion soup mix and brown sugar until smooth. Pour evenly over chicken pieces.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Pretty delicious. I don't use the onion mix because it adds an odd flavor in my opinion. I use fat free Catalina to counter act the brown sugar. I also add about half a cup of black berry jam. My toddler loves it! Thanks for the recipe reminder!
Another friend told me about this recipe and was delighted to find this one already posted! I make this quite often and almost always omit the brown sugar as we don't feel it's needed. The Catalina dressing is quite sweet enough! I love to serve this over plain white or Jasmine rice with steamed broccoli and water chestnuts. Highly recommend this to anybody wanting a quick, easy, kid friendly dish on a weeknight. Guests have been pleasantly surprised by this dish more than once! Thanks for sharing!
Simple easy good dish. Made a huge amount of sauce, which is good for serving over rice.