Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Midwest Living. This salad sounds alot like a waldorf salad, but with couscous. It is tossed with a nice yogurt dressing. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 354.88 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking couscous
- 177.44 ml apple, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, sliced
- 78.07 ml walnut pieces
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 7.39 ml cider vinegar
- 7.39 ml salad oil (or olive oil)
- 7.39 ml honey
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 0.25 ml pepper
- For the salad: In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to boiling. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, stir apple, celery, walnuts and raisins into the chilled couscous.
- For dressing: In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients (yogurt through pepper). Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 24 hours. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Love couscous. Very nice, but could benefit with a touch more salt. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)