Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Midwest Living. This salad sounds alot like a waldorf salad, but with couscous. It is tossed with a nice yogurt dressing. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 3⁄4 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salad oil (or olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash pepper
- For the salad: In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to boiling. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, stir apple, celery, walnuts and raisins into the chilled couscous.
- For dressing: In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients (yogurt through pepper). Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 24 hours. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Love couscous. Very nice, but could benefit with a touch more salt. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)