Recipe by FLUFFSTER
How many types of coleslaw are there, anyway! Well, here's another! This one's "picnic friendly" meaning that it doesn't contain mayonnaise.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Excellent coleslaw! because I plan on serving this tomorrow I didn't add in the apples for fear of browning I'll add them in before servings, I love the addition of raisins and pineapple, this is one I will make again soon, thanks for sharing Di, this was made for KK's Chef's Pick forum game
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 small cabbage, shredded, about 6 cups
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- cabbage leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice; juice set aside.
- Combine pineapple and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine reserved juice, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve in a cabbage-lined bowl, if desired.