1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Cocktail "Dogs" with Pineapple
A tasty, reliable recipe you can make ahead when planning a party! Shared by my SIL, we've enjoyed this recipe for years, and it's one of the first to disappear at parties. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using full-sized dog/franks, cut them into one-inch pieces.
- 2Over low heat, simmer catsup, jelly, lemon juice, and mustard together for about 3 minutes, stirring to mix well.
- 3Add"dogs" (whatever meat you select) and pineapple chunks and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until"dogs" are hot.
- 4To serve, pour mixture into fondue pot or chafing dish to keep it hot during party serving period.
- 5Serve with toothpicks for spearing these tasty morsels.
- 6NOTE: Any dogs and sauce left in the cooking pot (not served) can be frozen to use for another party!
- 7VARIATION: This sauce is also delicious with meatballs.
- 8MAKE-AHEAD: These can be made up to 3 days before a party and refrigerated until time to reheat them.
- 9Or they can be frozen for up to 2 months before reheating.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Cocktail "Dogs" with Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 1004.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g