Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cups carrots, diagonally sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed green bell pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Wash chicken well under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Set chicken aside.
- Cover bottom of 5-quart crock pot with carrots, mushrooms, onion and green pepper.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice; add pineapple chunks to crock pot.
- Set chicken pieces on top.
- Blend together cornstarch, tomato soup, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, ginger and garlic in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Blend in reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.