Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Crunchy, Sweet, Sour and Buttery Rice! Deep Fryer and Rice Cooker Highly Recomended for this Recipe.
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup of white rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- First cut chicken breats into small pieces.
- Next mix together ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Boil in small pan until hot. Then add cornstarch and water. Stir until thick.
- Add pineapple (and juice) to the sauce.
- Add chicken to the sweet and sour sauce and let it sit for atleast 45 minutes, the longer it sits the more flavor the chicken will have.
- Turn Rice Cooker on and add Rice and 4 cups of water, butter and salt. Rice should only take 20 minutes or so to cook. Once done, let it sit in cooker so that it doesn't get cold.
- Place deep fryer on stove and add vegetable oil. Turn on stove so that oil heats up.
- Next, add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, egg and 1 cup of water to a bowl. Mix with an electric beater. Batter should be thick.
- Remove chicken from sweet and sour sauce and add to batter.
- Once oil is hot, place chicken in deep fryer and cook it.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a plate with rice and pour sweet and sour sauce over chicken.