Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it makes a lovely sweet but healthy chicken recipe that is good with brown rice. I normally make the chicken and then add some of the sauce and veggies to the rice as it is cooking. I don't add pineapple but included it since most people love it. I also
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 serrano peppers (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup low-sugar ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine chicken, cornstarch, sherry, salt and ginger. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Put carrots into saucepan and add water to just cover. Boil for one minute and then add pepper and onion and boil for one more minute.
- Drain and rinse veggies. Add pineapple to mix and set aside.
- In saucepan, combine splenda, ketchup, mustard, soy and vinegar. Bring to low simmer.
- Add corn starch and water and cook until thickened. Stir in veggies.
- Heat a pan or wok. Add oil. When hot add chicken and cook until done. Combine sauce mix and chicken.