Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good recipe to use with leftover chicken or even turkey.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (not instant)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups pineapple or 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat rice with butter in saucepan. Pour chicken stock over heated rice and bring to boil. Remove from heat and put in casserole dish and cover. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- For chicken, combine cornstarch, salt, and brown sugar in large sauce pan. Add vinegar and pineapple or orange juice. Cook over medium-high heat , stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Add chicken, pineapple chunks, and onion. Heat through.
- Serve over hot rice.