Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good recipe to use if you have leftover chicken (or even turkey).
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups pineapple juice or 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- For rice: Preheat oven to 350°F Heat rice in saucepan with butter. Pour hot stock over heated rice and butter. Let come to boil. Pour into casserole dish and cover. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- For chicken: Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, and salt in a large sauce pan. Add vinegar and juice. Bring to boil and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, pineapple chunks, and onion. Heat through.
- Serve over hot rice.
A definate keeper. This was a great easy to make dish full of flavor. My husband has requested that I make this again soon.