Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is out of an old company cookbook...
- 3 lbs chicken wings (separated and tips removed)
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cover shallow baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread chicken wings in a single layer in pan.
- Brown wings for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain fat from pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile combine all remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
- Cover chicken wings with half of the sauce.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes.
- Turn wings, cover with remaining sauce, bake 30 minutes more.
Excellent wing recipe and going into my Best of 2016 file. We loved the sweet and sour sauce. Finger licking good! Great method. I shortened the cooking time to 20 minutes; 20 minutes; 20 minutes because my wings were on the small side. Thank you!
These were wonderful. We really enjoyed them, they were tender and delicious. Didn't change a thing, enjoyed them with a salad for a lovely light meal. Thank you for sharing another wonderful chicken wing recipe. Made FYC Tag Game.
Delicious! I served these as a meal and not an appetizer. Loved them. My son ate enough for 4 or 5 people! A different version of wings, sweet instead of spicy. Thanks for sharing! Made for FYC tag game.