Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a group of ministers wives in Idaho about 20 years ago.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1/2" of oil in frying pan.
- Dip chicken parts first in eggs and then in cornstarch.
- Brown both sides in hot oil.
- Place in single layer in large baking dish.
- Heat sauce ingredients in pan until sugar and bouillon cubes have melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces in dish.
- Bake in 375° oven for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Turn over wings 1/2 way through cooking time.
I made these for a July 4th cookout and followed the recipe as written, except that I made these in a crockpot. I prepared the chicken as you would for the oven, but I layered the wings in my oval crockpot and then poured the sauce over the wings. I cooked then on low for 8 1/2 hours and they turned out perfectly. They were a big hit at the cookout and were gone almost immediately. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
Yum, beautiful blend of flavors yet so simple to put together. I can't really think of many more compliments to add that other reviewers haven't already covered other than to say it's probably also the ultimate in a budget meal as well. A real restaurant quality meal for the cost of a cheeseburger! It was amazing served along with rice and a couple of steamed vegies.
Oh my! These were SO yummy! Made these exactly as written and they were awesome! Perfect for a "takeout" dinner at home! Served with rice and eggrolls. Will definately be making this one again! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe!