Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from a group of ministers wives in Idaho about 20 years ago.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I made these for a July 4th cookout and followed the recipe as written, except that I made these in a crockpot. I prepared the chicken as you would for the oven, but I layered the wings in my oval crockpot and then poured the sauce over the wings. I cooked then on low for 8 1/2 hours and they turned out perfectly. They were a big hit at the cookout and were gone almost immediately. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, parts
- 3 beaten eggs
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2" of oil in frying pan.
- Dip chicken parts first in eggs and then in cornstarch.
- Brown both sides in hot oil.
- Place in single layer in large baking dish.
- Heat sauce ingredients in pan until sugar and bouillon cubes have melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces in dish.
- Bake in 375° oven for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Turn over wings 1/2 way through cooking time.