1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
katie in the UP's Note:
This is great stuff!! Found the recipe on the Smucker's recipe site!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup smucker's low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 whole large skinless chicken breasts, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 lb small mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- hot cooked rice, if desired
- 1Combine preserves, vinegar, garlic salt, ginger, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes; stir until well blended.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Halve zucchini lengthwise.
- 4Cut into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok or Dutch oven over high heat; stir-fry chicken until tender and browned.
- 6Add remaining oil, zucchini, mushrooms and salt to chicken.
- 7Stir-fry until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- 8Add pea pods and apricot sauce; toss gently to mix well and heat through.
- 9Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sugar apricot preserves