Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great stuff!! Found the recipe on the Smucker's recipe site!
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 whole large skinless chicken breasts, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 lb small mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- hot cooked rice, if desired
- Combine preserves, vinegar, garlic salt, ginger, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes; stir until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Halve zucchini lengthwise.
- Cut into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok or Dutch oven over high heat; stir-fry chicken until tender and browned.
- Add remaining oil, zucchini, mushrooms and salt to chicken.
- Stir-fry until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add pea pods and apricot sauce; toss gently to mix well and heat through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Very yummy flavor. I added some different items (spinach, onions, pineapple, and water chestnuts), not the pea pods or zucchini. This came together pretty quickly and was delicious.
Made this for Fall '07 PAC. This was very good and much different than any stir fry that I've ever made - all of mine always have a brown sauce. We really enjoyed this. The combination of the apricot jam and the spices was tasty. I did have to substitute for the mushrooms as I'm allergic to them - just put onions in their place (which I always do). DH thought this would be godd with shrimp as well. Thanks, Katie!