Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The tasty combination of chicken and shrimp come together in this adopted recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cool chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, added to 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons light syrup or 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced and crushed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, cleaned, deveined, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced (crimini are good!)
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch, broth, corn syrup, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stirfry for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove.
- Add shrimp and stirfry just until they turn pink, about 3 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Add and heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then add mushrooms and snow peas.
- Stirfry for 1 minute then add red bell pepper, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots and stirfry for 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture you set aside earlier, then add it to skillet - stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chicken and shrimp back to the skillet and cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.