Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great recipe to use up any leftover chicken or turkey. This will feed 3 people but it can easily be doubled. Adjust all amounts to taste.
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced into large pieces
- 2 stalks celery, coarsley diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained and reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups canned mushrooms, well drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- black pepper
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; add in onion, green pepper and celery; simmer for about 5 minutes; remove the veggies with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water to make a paste and then add to simmering broth; stir to combine then add in the vinegar, reserved pineapple juice and soy sauce; mix to combine and simmer for about 2 minutes, or until sauce is thick and clear.
- Season the sauce with black pepper or cayenne if desired.
- In a large skillet or a large saucepan heat oil and saute the shallots and cabbage and well drained mushrooms for about 5-6 minutes (or until the cabbage is desired tenderness.
- Add in the pineapple chunks, the veggies that were removed from the broth, along with the sauce and chicken or turkey; gently simmer until heated through.
- Serve on rice.