Recipe by thepurpleturtle
I originally got this recipe from an old Weight Watchers recipe book. I’ve tweaked it a little... and of course doubled or trippled the sauce! Sliced water chestnuts are great added to this as well. You can also substitute pork for the chicken.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (including juice)
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken, cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add carrots, peppers, onion and garlic and continue cooking until tender.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Pour over chicken mixture and dump in the pineapple tidbits, including the juice. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve over rice.