Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and delicious sweet and sour recipe! I just love it!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups chicken meat, chopped into cubes
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup snow peas
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and vegetable broth.
- Separately, mix together the corn starch and the brown sugar.
- Add the corn starch, brown sugar mixture to the liquids.
- Add in the minced ginger. Set this mixture aside.
- Add the chicken and set aside for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Saute the vegetables in some additional broth.
- Just before the vegetables are cooked, add in the liquid mixture that was set aside, and saute for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice!
This was just okay for me, but my man liked it pretty well! I could not find any yellow zucchini, so I substituted some fresh broccoli and a little green pepper. It's a good stir-fry, but it was the sauce that I thought was off. It was too sweet for me, and not quite the balance of sweet/sour I was looking for. Also, my vegetables didn't retain the vibrant color I was hoping for - perhaps because the instructions say to cook them first before adding the chicken. Thank you, Ninu, for the recipe. It has potential. Made for PAC Spring 2010