Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Good way to get a variety of veggies and cooks itself in the crock.
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 lbs chicken, deboned
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce, can also use soy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, diced
- Place vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add Tapioca.
- Add chicken next.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Mix brown sugar, pineapple juice, tamari sauce, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
I started trying new recipes in the crockpot every sunday night. 4 friends voted, 3 gave 4 stars. 1 gave 2 stars, saying it was too sweet. 3 said it deservered 4. -Deathgomper