Recipe by arlena1978
it's sweet and sour with a twist . so good that i'm asked to make it at least once a month .
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle sweet and sour sauce (i use Maui Mountain Hawaiian Style Sweet and Sour)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 350.
- in a large pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat
- once your oil has heated add chicken and cook until no longer pink
- add your green bell peppers and cook for 5-10 minutes just until your peppers are tender .
- once your chicken and peppers are cooked add pineapple chunks and sweet and sour sauce simmer for 5 minutes .
- remove from heat and set aside
- in a casserole dish place your two cups of rice
- pour chicken and sauce mixture on top of rice
- top with cheese
- bake for 10-20 minutes just until cheese is melted.