Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
365 Easy One Dish Meals Serves 5-6
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup quick cooking long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, 4-6 minutes.
- Add pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomatoes, cabbage, rice and raisins. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender.