Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I came up with this idea one night when my family last minute decided they wanted something Asian for dinner. I had thawed out some chicken breast earlier that day and so my mind just went from there!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 inch stripes
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Stir together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, over medium-high heat, brown the bacon and then remove from the pan.
- Add the rest of the stir fry ingredients to the pan and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add then sauce and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes; crumble in the bacon.
- Serve with white or fried rice, or just as it is.
I made this last night and followed the recipe to the letter. It has to be the best tasting stir fry I have ever made...Thanks for posting it.
I'm speechless! This recipe is fantastic. I cooked as directed and didn't drain the bacon fat either! This is a "must try" recipe. Add it to your cookbooks. You won't be sorry.