Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy and soooo delicious
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserve juice (juice pack)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes (I use tenders)
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in 2 quart microwave safe casserole.
- Blend in pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, vinegar and catsup.
- Stir in chicken and green peppers.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) 5 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50%) until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve over rice.
This really hit the spot for us. We loved the sauce...a great combination of flavors that went so well with the chicken. This easy meal will please everyone. Thanks for sharing, Hugce.
I love S&S Chicken. I usually pick out the peppers and puree the pineapple (I dont like it chunky). All in all, it was tasty, but not my favorite S&S Recipe.