Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, for seasoning the chicken
- pepper, for seasoning the chicken
- garlic powder, for seasoning the chicken
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (more if needed)
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip each piece of chicken in corn starch, then in egg.
- In a skillet, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat and brown each piece of chicken on both sides.
- Place browned chicken in a large rimmed baking sheet. Add in pineapple and pepper chunks.
- In a large bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the pan, and pour remaining sauce into a bowl and serve alongside the chicken if you’d like extra sauce.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!