1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, for seasoning the chicken
- pepper, for seasoning the chicken
- garlic powder, for seasoning the chicken
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (more if needed)
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 3Dip each piece of chicken in corn starch, then in egg.
- 4In a skillet, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat and brown each piece of chicken on both sides.
- 5Place browned chicken in a large rimmed baking sheet. Add in pineapple and pepper chunks.
- 6In a large bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- 7Bake in the oven for about an hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the pan, and pour remaining sauce into a bowl and serve alongside the chicken if you’d like extra sauce.
- 8Serve over rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 543.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 92.9 g
- Protein 23.5 g