Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and quick Sweet and Sour chicken
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained with 1 cup of the juice reserved
- 1 (16 ounce) package stir fry vegetables
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 dash cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cook rice to your desire.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, ginger, and 4 teaspoons of corn starch. Toss the chicken with the remaining corn starch and salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and add the stir fry vegetables to the pan. Cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pineapple chunks and reserved chicken. Whisk in the sauce, and cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, then add the brown sugar to sweeten the sauce. About 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.