Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from My Recipe Journey
The Chicken Coating
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 -2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
The Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lightly season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the corn starch to coat. Then dip into the eggs.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium/high with corn oil.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pan fry the chicken pieces until browned on both side, but not cooked through.
- Place all the browned chicken pieces in a 9x13" baking dish.
- Whisk all the sweet and sour sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and pour evenly over the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Bake for one hour and stir the chicken pieces every 15 minutes during baking.