1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Chicken
Based on a recipe from FoodTV.com, with my own improvisations
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1 inch squares
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and save juice)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1Combine the juices, sugar, vinegar and stock in a small bowl.
- 2Season the chicken cubes. Sauté in the vegetable oil until all pinkness is gone and the chicken is beginning to brown. Remove to a clean plate/bowl.
- 3Add peppers and onion to sauté pan. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add the pineapple. Heat 1 minute.
- 5Add the juice mixture. Simmer until sauce has reduced by a third.
- 6Add cornstarch slurry slowly, stirring well, until sauce has a nice consistency.
- 7Add chicken back to pan, and simmer 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 45.6 g