1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Haven't tried this yet either, but it's a must-order when we go to Chinese food, so looking forward to giving it a try. Adapted from mykitchencafe.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in beaten egg.
- 5Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through.
- 6Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- 7Mix sauce ingredients (last five ingredients in the list) together and pour over chicken.
- 8Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes.
- 9About 45 minutes before chicken is done, prepare rice according to package directions.
- 10If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced - about 6-8 minutes.
- 11Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 21.2 g