Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or 1 cup canned pineapple chunk
- 1 cup green onion, cut into pieces
- 1 cup green pepper strip
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple juice or 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken; set aside. Prepare pineapple, onion, green pepper and jicama; set aside. Combine brown sugar and corn- starch, stir in vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, pepper sauce and salt to taste; set aside. In a 2 quart glass casserole dish put chicken pieces.
- Microwave on High for 5 to 6 minutes stirring every 2 minutes until chicken is done. Add vinegar mixture and cook on High for 4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- When sauce is clear and boiling, add pineapple, onion, green pepper and jicama; mix well.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are desired doneness.
- ENSALADA DE NOCHE BUE NA 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks 2 medium bananas 1 (16 oz.) can sliced beets, drained 1 jicama, peeled and sliced (optional) 1 stick sugar cane, peeled and chopped (optional) lettuce mayonnaise 2 large oranges 1 large apple 1/2 cup peanuts milk Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Peel and section oranges, peel and slice bananas, core and slice apple. Toss apple and bananas with orange sections and a little pineapple juice. Drain fruits and beets.
- Arrange pineapple, beets, bananas, oranges, apple, jicama and sugar cane on large let- tuce-lined platter.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Thin mayonnaise with little milk to make drizzling consistency.
- Serve with salad.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.