Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from the LaChoy sweet and sour sauce label
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, sliced into 2x1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots, drained
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- chow mein noodles (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over high heat. Cook and stir onion and pepper about 2 minutes, until crisp tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet. Cook and stir chicken about 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Add onion and pepper back to skillet. Stir in bamboo shoots and pineapple chunks.
- Combine sweet and sour sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl, add to skillet. Stir together corn starch and water until smooth, and add to skillet. Cook until heated through and sauce thickens.
- Serve with chow mein noodles if desired.
I did cut the recipe in half & used one 8-ounce chicken breast! Worked great for the 2 of us & we were very happy with the sweet & sour, as we both like it but don't usually fix it here at home! A keeper of a recipe, for sure, & another nice way to do up all the chicken that we eat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]