Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe taste just like what we get at our favorite Chinese restaurant. It is very quick and easy. I served it with Rice-a-Roni stir-fried rice mix because I didn't have time to make my own rice.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the BATTER
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
For the SAUCE
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Cut chicken into small thin strips.
- Lightly salt and pepper these before battering.
- For the batter, mix all ingredients together and add enough cold water to make it smooth and thick. (It should resemble pancake batter).
- Dip chicken pieces into batter and deep fry until lightly golden brown.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients together and heat over medium heat until thickened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve with thinly sliced onion, bell pepper, carrot, and pineapple chunks.
- Note: The vegetables can be added to the sauce after it has been cooked. I like to put mine on the cooked chicken and then pour the sauce over it. I love the crunch the raw veges give to the dish.
This recipe is so easy... I make it for everyone now... and they all love it.
i made the sauce even easier, actually I think I used the sauce from another recipe. It has 1/4 c catchup, 1/2 c vinegar, 1/4 c ham glaze and 1 Tbsp cornstarch... and maybe something else... pineapple juice. I just added stuff till I got the taste and consistency I wanted.