Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Originally from allrecipes, this recipe is very good. Red bell pepper would also be a good addition.
Top Review by SweetsLady
We love this! I'm glad to see this recipe is on here. We don't use the celery and water chestnuts. I also use red peppers for brighter color. The sauce is also good for meatballs and little hot dogs, too!
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 236.59 ml celery
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 680.38 g cooked chicken meat, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, blend reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix in flour, and stir until thickened.
- Stir bell peppers, celery, and water chestnuts into the saucepan. Mix in chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the pineapple chunks before serving.