Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Originally from allrecipes, this recipe is very good. Red bell pepper would also be a good addition.
Top Review by SweetsLady
We love this! I'm glad to see this recipe is on here. We don't use the celery and water chestnuts. I also use red peppers for brighter color. The sauce is also good for meatballs and little hot dogs, too!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 green peppers, diced
- 1 cup celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken meat, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, blend reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix in flour, and stir until thickened.
- Stir bell peppers, celery, and water chestnuts into the saucepan. Mix in chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the pineapple chunks before serving.