Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from allrecipes, this recipe is very good. Red bell pepper would also be a good addition.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 green peppers, diced
- 1 cup celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken meat, cut into strips
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, blend reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix in flour, and stir until thickened.
- Stir bell peppers, celery, and water chestnuts into the saucepan. Mix in chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the pineapple chunks before serving.
We love this! I'm glad to see this recipe is on here. We don't use the celery and water chestnuts. I also use red peppers for brighter color. The sauce is also good for meatballs and little hot dogs, too!