Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe off of Regis and Kathy Lee back in 1996. I have not yet tried it because no one in my family likes this kind of stuff, but it sounds so good to me. Please somebody try it and let me know how it is.
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Russian salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup water (pour in dressing jar and shake) (optional)
- green pepper (for garnish)
- pineapple (for garnish)
- Place chicken in glass baking dish (9x13-inch).
- In bowl, stir together dressing, preserves, soup mix, and water.
- Pour mixture on top of chicken; spread evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
This was a hit in my house. I used chicken wings, instead, and added some hot sauce for zing. It was a finger-licking success! Just make sure you line the pan with foil and use plenty of non-stick spray.
I made this for my husband last week and he thought it was really tasty. He is a picky eater and hates when I try new recipes but he said this was a keeper. It's extremely easy to prepare and I will be making this again. It's definetly a keeper for me. Thanks for the recipe! Anita
Oh, Paula you have GOT to try this!!! Very similar to the "Apricot Chicken" recipe posted here on 'Zaar. It is FANTASTIC!!! I like it served over cooked rice, but it is also wonderful over mashed potatoes. Great recipe! ~Manda