Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adopted recipe.
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow peppers or 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go.
- In a deep skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat.
- Add all vegetables.
- Stir-fry quickly until onion is cooked and translucent.
- Remove to bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp.oil to wok; heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry until no longer pink on outside (5-7 minutes).
- Mix in separate bowl sauce ingredients, making sure to mix cornstarch thoroughly.
- To chicken in wok, add vegetables and sauce mix.
- Cook over low heat until cornstarch is cooked, about 7 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked white rice.