Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Can't recall where I got this recipe, I believe it was from my SIL......want to give credit where it's due. It's delicious and quite simple to make. I often make it with just chicken breast.
- 226.79 g bottle Russian salad dressing
- 39.12 g envelope onion soup mix
- 283.49 g jar apricot preserves
- 2 (2267.96 g) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- Mix together the first 3 ingredients.
- Put chicken parts into a large shallow baking dish.
- Pour mixture over chicken parts.
- Bake @ 350 degrees basting occasionally with pan drippings for 1 1/2 hours or until fully cooked.
Loved this sauce! I only used 2-1/2 pounds of chicken wings but made the full amount of sauce so we could serve it over rice. Cooked the wings for 1 hour and they were fall-apart tender. I also used sugar-free apricot jam. YUM!!