Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From La Vie de Chambord Liqueur, this is great over pan-seared salmon.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- cornstarch, as needed
- Heat oil in a saucepot; add scallions, garlic and ginger, and cook for 20 seconds; do not brown.
- Add chicken stock, Chambord, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and pepper, and cook over low heat for two minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch to thicken and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer if desired.
I really liked this sauce. I served it over a turkey tenderloin and thought the sweetness/sourness really added to the meat. On the other hand my teenage boys didn't care for it. But what do they know? I added 11/2 tablespoons cornstarch and chose not to strain the sauce as I like the garlic and scallions in it. Made for Beverage Tag.