Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Despite its Oriental-sounding name, this is an Italian dish. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, saute the garlic in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes and vinegar.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the pine nuts and raisins.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
I'm sorry, but our family didn't really like this recipe. I'm sure its healthy, and it does have an interesting flavor, but it is just a little over the top and not enjoyable. My three children and wife liked it even less than I did. The cauliflower was a little under done, and the vinegar over powered everything. The only substitution we made was to use canned tomatoes rather than fresh, but I don't think that would have been enough to save this dish. That's just our opinion.
Easy, exciting and unique way to prepare cauliflower. It's a keeper!