Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A heart warming, delicious side with a small twist. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until tender.
- Drain, reserving one cup of the liquid.
- Brown butter; add flour and brown well.
- Add salt, pepper, cloves, and carrot cooking water; stir constantly.
- Heat to boiling and add vinegar and sugar.
- Cook until smooth and add hot,cooked carrots.