Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This vegetarian dish relies mostly on pantry staples and is perfect served over rice or potatoes.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- Saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrot and water.
- Cook until carrots are softened, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and pepper; cook until heated through, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Put in serving dish, sprinkle evenly with the peanuts.