Prep 1 min
Cook 192 hrs
Jewish soul food. Tastes like cabbage borscht. Posting it because my recipe card is crumbling to dust. Hope you like it.
- 1 head cabbage, chunked in small pieces
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed (,i use round)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, i use ocea spray
- Place pieces of cabbage in bottom of crock pot.
- Place beef cubes, cranberry sauce and chili sauce on top.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
This was the easiest crockpot receipe I have ever made. It was so good. Both my husband and I loved it. I have passed the recipe on to a friend. I am thinking of making it with meatballs.
I wanted to try this recipe, but didn't have a cabbage, so I substituted a bag oF sourkraut (drained) and added some splenda at the end to taste. DELICIOUS !!